About Cookiehat DesignOur focus is helping you establish an online presence.
Cookiehat Design is a design company that was founded in 2012 by Katie Rosen.
We specialize in website and graphic design for small businesses/organizations.
We are located in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
The Company’s Name
The “Cookie” part of the name is based on the kind of cookies you get from websites, because Cookiehat Design is mainly a website design company, but also offers other services. The “Hat” part of the name is based on the idiom about wearing many hats, because we offer many different design services, and Katie has many roles within the company. The “Design” part is because we’re a webiste and graphic design company.
Contact Cookiehat Design if you don’t have a website yet, or are having any of the following issues with your current website:
- You are worried that your customers won’t be able to find the information they need.
- You are concerned that your competitor’s websites look more professional.
- You are frustrated that it isn’t a good representation of your company/organization.
Cookiehat Design specializes in the following:
WordPress Website Design
We can create new websites, or redesign/update existing ones. The website will be well organized and easy to navigate, the design will be creative and professional, and will accurately and effectively represent your business/organization.
Your new/redesigned website will include:
- a professional design
- a content management system (WordPress)
- one contact form
- SEO friendly pages
- training and written instructions for making changes to website using Wordpress
- domain and hosting set-up (if you don’t already have it)
- a newsletter sign-up box
- social media buttons linked to company accounts
- an online store
- Google Analytics Integration
- Events page
- a photo gallery
- a logo for your business/organization
Using the principles of design, Colour Psychology, layout, and marketing, we will design for you professional looking graphics/ads to promote your business/event.
We can create or redesign:
-a logo for your business or organization
-items with your logo to advertise your organization
-posters to advertise events
-labels/covers for CD/DVDs
-invitations/thank you cards
We offer reduced rates for non-profits/charities
We also offer…
Search Engine Optimization
For many website owners who are new to the online world, wondering what search engine optimization (SEO) can do for your online business is common.
The truth is, SEO can do wonders for your business including expanding brand awareness and increasing profit.
Investing in SEO is just like investing in other marketing materials such as postcards or online ads, however, there is no greater return than the one you will receive from increasing online traffic to your website.
Eye-catching photos of your company/organization or products for your website, social media, or marketing.
Social Media Marketing
Social media audit:
- Location of all social media accounts both “owned” and “imposters”
- Accuracy of profiles against brand guidelines- imagery, logos, spelling
of accounts, URLs
- Metrics including- number of fans/likes, frequency of posts,
- Types and structure of posts
- Mentions both “formal” and “informal” on social networks
- Comparison between your social media account/presence and your competitors
Social media strategy:
- What content will be posted under your profile(s)
- When will the posts be made
- Who is the target audience
- Who will create the content
- How the content will be promoted
Setting up and branding accounts for clients:
- Helping you decide which social network(s) would be the most useful to you
- Creating accounts/editing existing accounts
- Filling in information so people can learn about and understand your company
- Branding the accounts so they accurately represent your company
- Making the page attractive and unforgettable
- Helping you create a plan in case of a social media crisis
Client employee training:
- Educate employees about social media and how to contribute to the company’s social media accounts
- Create a policy for acceptable social media use
- Brainstorming sessions about what to post
Website & Graphic Designer
Katie likes to design – anything and everything from websites to jewelry and art. She volunteers as the Communications Director for her community association. One of her roles is doing the layout for their monthly community newsletter.
Katie Rosen has a diploma in Multimedia Professional Studies from New Media Campus, and is currently taking courses at Udemy, which she loves because she can learn about many subjects and be even more qualified for her design jobs. She likes the flexibility of taking classes online, so she can be more available to her clients.